Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supplier Quality Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position will be assigned to specific vendors that supply products and services consumed by Flex-N-Gate. The SQA/SQE position is a key team member that closely partners with FNG Purchasing and Manufacturing teams to ensure supplier compliance with quality standards and requirements. Heavy focus is on APQP activities to mitigate risk to our manufacturing sites. Significant focus is also placed on post PPAP activities such as site assessment audits with quality recovery plans being development when necessitated.
**Can sit in any Plant/Corporate Location across the U.S. closest to their home
- 70% Level of travel primarily to vendor locations in the region of (North America, Canada).
- Trip duration will normally be 2-3 days but can be longer based on the specific issue. Some travel is expected to the Flex-N-Gate manufacturing sites as well.
- Acts as a quality technical resource and liaison between the vendor and FNG manufacturing site.
- Participates in root cause analysis and supports resolution of supplier corrective action plans.
- Takes an active role in the pre-launch process utilizing Supplier Summits as a method to ensure a flawless product and/or process launch.
- Ensures the supplier quality deliverables are completed according to standard per the pre-gate functional review process.
- Perform vendor site assessments with documented results as part of Pre-Award Approval process.
- Perform vendor site assessments to deploy risk management techniques for suppliers with continued poor performance or otherwise negatively impacting quality and deliver metrics.
- Maintains and distributes assigned tasks
- Performs duties safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Follows all Flex-N-Gate corporate policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a TS16949/ISO certified organization as a Supplier Quality/ Quality Engineer/ Quality Management position.
- Must have experience performing on-site assessments at Tier 1 Vendor locations.
- Experience developing and implementing supplier quality plans, data collection and manage supply chain improvement projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as measurement & inspection techniques- molding, stamping, welding, painting, assembly etc.
- Formal Problem-solving Training- RedX, Six-Sigma, etc.
- APQP process experience through Launch at a Tier 1 level
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.