Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Weld Technician- Automation (Afternoons)
at Flex-N-Gate Spanish
- # De Aperturas
Descripción de la Empresa
- Robotic Roller Hemming Knowledge
- Create, modify and maintain PLC AB & Omron backups for welding equipment
- Modify Weld Schedules/ Setup Parameters for MIG, Spot & Projection Welding Applications
- Modify Weld Fixtures Setup to improve or correct welds/ components position as per drawing specifications
- Create & maintain Weld Schedules, Setup/ Changeover and Operator Instructions
- Create and maintain Poke Yoke Systems in Welding Area
- Support Production & Maintenance to troubleshoot and repair the Welding Equipment
- Identify & Implement Continuous Improvement Projects for increasing Plant Efficiency and Cost Reductions
- Participate in 8D Discipline Report to implement Process or Product Corrective and/or Preventive Actions
- Create and update Welding PFMEA for various products
- Participate in new welding equipment selection and suggest new welding equipment
- Analyze and make proposals for improvements to the performance indicators that apply to the welding process
- Validate and maintain records of welding control parameters
- Assist in training and methods for welding operations
- Optimize the performance of welding consumables
- Support Plant Quality System
- Active participation in the implementation & development of Environmental Quality Systems
- Participate in commissioning new welding equipment
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
Perfil de puesto / Requerimientos / Conocimientos / Certificaciones
- Certified Weld Technician from a recognized body or
- 4 years related work experience in a welding manufacturing environment
- PLC Programming experience using Allen Bradley or Omron PLC
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- ISO 14000 system.
- Welding Standards
- ISO TS 16949 system
- Microsoft Office
Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Ámbito de aplicación de la Posición
You will be responsible for operation, troubleshooting, maintaining and debugging welders (MIG, resistance) and robots.