Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
Under general supervision the baker is responsible for performing a variety of duties and assists with the preparation of breads, pastries and other baked goods. This position requires a successful baker to use precise measurements of ingredients and knowledge of how heat affects them to execute recipes perfectly. Innate creativity and the use of tools and techniques to decorate each item to company or customer specifications is required.
Here at Fresquez, we are a customer-focused company. Our bakers play a critical role, as it is his/her responsibility to make sure our food is safe to eat and is consistently served with the utmost quality taste, overall ensuring our guests are delighted in their visit and leave with the best guest experience possible.
- Collaborates with restaurant operations team and upper leadership team.
- Protects organization's value by keeping company information confidential.
Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize tasks.
- Food safety driven and food service/baking experience.
- Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling baked goods according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
- Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies and fancy pastries either by hand or by using dough rollers and cookie cutters and industrial mixing machines.
- Cuts and weighs dough into uniform portions with knife or divider, molds dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven using peel; inspects product for quality during and after baking and makes adjustments to processes as required.
- Apply glazes, icings, or other toppings to baked goods, using spatulas or brushes.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as ovens, grills, deep-fat fryers and/or griddles, slicer, etc. with the ability to use simultaneously at times.
- Read order slips and/or screens or receive verbal instructions to bake to specifications; order and take delivery of product, as needed.
- Verify prepared baked goods meet requirements for quality and quantity.
- Clean, stock and restock workstations, display cases, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
Organization/Prioritization, General Math Skills, Analytical Skills, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility, Initiative, Accuracy, Technical/Mechanical Ability, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness, Creativity
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of restaurant/baking supplies, equipment, and/or services including ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries and/or other baked goods.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Assist on special projects as needed or requested.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Team Player - Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities, to complete tasks/projects in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept to varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective and friendly interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
This job primarily operates in a central kitchen area which requires constant standing in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Typical days and hours of work for this position are variable Monday-Sunday between 4am-5pm (varies). Other days/hours, including overnights, required as needed or assigned. Most holidays are required.
Required Education and Experience:
A minimum of two years of related experience is required.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Directly relevant associate degree or higher.
Baking and pastry concentration preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical procedures, or governmental regulations, and effectively present information and/or goods upon request.
Ability to effectively listen and clearly and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from management and team members.
Assist with other restaurant functions inside/outside of central kitchen including other assigned duties as needed. This may include prep-cook, dishwashing, cashiering, maintenance, and cleanliness of equipment and facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.