Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst I - Credit Review
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Credit / Underwriting
?The Credit Review Data Analyst I will be responsible for performing independent assessments of funding / underwriting activity through data analysis and reporting. The Data Analyst I will utilize SAS programs to generate datasets, tables, listings and summaries used in analytical reports. Additionally, the Data Analyst I will be responsible for the design, development and/or maintenance or departmental databases that include extensive VBA code.
- Develop SAS programs to generate datasets, tables, summaries and analysis utilizing multiple data sources, including an Oracle Data Warehouse.
- Convert complex data into usable information using appropriate charts, tables, tables and graphs to communicate results to management.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and reports.
- Design, develop and maintain operational databases.
- Utilize appropriate controls and processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
- Collaborate with departmental managers to design, create and implement process and reporting solutions.
- Detailed understanding of the auto finance industry, including funding and/or underwriting of originations
- Understanding of the auto finance industry, including funding and/or underwriting of originations
- Working knowledge of finance
- Working knowledge of accounting
- Working knowledge of consumer credit
- Advanced knowledge of consumer credit
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Competency with Microsoft Office, focusing on Access and Excel
- Knowledge of Provenir, Auto IMS, SalesForce, CPW and AS/400
- Advanced knowledge of Provenir, Auto IMS, SalesForce, CPW and AS/400
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Ability to plan, execute, and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Ability to understand GM Financials business, apply knowledge and critical thinking skills in day-to-day problems and solutions
- Competency using SAS including basic data functions, macros, SQL and DDE
- Advanced knowledge using SAS including basic data functions, macros, SQL and DDE
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Good verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving issues
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to coach, lead, motivate, and influence others to support departmental goals and objectives
- Ability to proactively achieve goals and objectives, which positively impact GM Financials overall business results
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential information and situations
- Able to supervise multiple tasks with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Strong problem solving skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to provide recommendations and making decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent experience in financial analysis, data mining, or portfolio analysis. preferred
- 0-2 Years of experience in similar role. Preferred
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required;Subject to stressful situations;normal office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems