Harney District Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registration & Scheduling Clerk
at Harney District Hospital
- Job Title: Registration & Scheduling Clerk
- 557 W WASHINGTON ST
- Burns, OR, 97720
- Base Pay: $13.11 - $17.62 / HOUR
- Employee Type: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
- Required Degree: High_School
- Manage Others: No
- Name: Jen Hoke
- Phone: 541-573-8642
- Email: email@example.com
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs general registration and scheduling duties of the clinic with emphasis on customer service. This position shall be cross trained to perform multiple tasks within the registration and scheduling area. This position spends a considerable amount of time in the electronic medical record entering and looking up information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Works at the registration and scheduling areas to assist customers with their needs:
- Performs the “intake” process to register patients:
- Obtains demographic information
- Insurance information
- Obtains necessary signatures
- Scans or makes copies of patient identification documents and other information
- Obtains photos for the patient chart
- Answers questions
- Accepts payments and provides receipts
- Provides a point of contact for patients to help determine their needs and refers them to the appropriate resources as needed.
- Answers phones and transfers calls to appropriate person or department
- Schedules patients for the various types of appointments.
- Assists patients in signing up with a primary care provider or team.
Responsible for EMR Data Entry and Patient Records
- Scanning documents into the electronic medical record
- Providing patients with document/files that need to be picked up.
- Helps maintain inventory of paper forms, envelops, stationary etc.
- Entering other information into the EMR as needed.
- Processing medical records requests.
- Entering laboratory results into the EMR.
Works cooperatively with the clinic team to ensure high quality customer service.
Maintains work area(s) in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
Follows organizational and departmental policies, safety rules and department procedures at all times.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of general office practices, computer/data entry procedures, operation of office equipment, use of telephone systems, arithmetic, spelling, English and grammar. General knowledge of confidentiality concepts and requirements. Ability to communicate effectively with public, insurance companies, and staff both orally and in writing. Equivalent to a high school education and six (6) months related experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Previous experience working directly with the public and/or in a medical environment. Experience communicating with people from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.