Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cross Trained Nurse Aide Cath Lab FT days
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Cath lab trained assistant performs activities under the direction of the Registered Nurse and the unit manager/director to assist with the care of the patient. The ultimate goal is assistance in the provision of quality individualized patient care. The role varies and may include, but is not limited to, patient preparation (site preparation, EKG, checklist verification), obtain vital signs and EKG, patient communication, peer education, maintenance of a safe and clean environment, support and reassurance, advocacy, efficient use of resources, maintenance of supply inventory, environmental equipment monitoring, patient transport, and integration and coordination across disciplines.
1. Identifies the surgery patient in a professional manner by checking the identification band and asking the patient to state name and date of birth, if able.
2. Notifies nursing staff of patient arrival.
3. Reports immediately any change in patient condition.
4. Provides safe patient transport with side rails in upright position.
5. Assures patient is warm and provides a safe environment.
6. Provides nursing staff with patient chart and assist with patient preparation as needed.
7. Ensures patient confidentiality.
8. Maintains active communication regarding encountered patient delays.
9. Safely assists in lifting, moving, and positioning the surgical patient while following correct body mechanics.
10. Performs daily cleaning following policy and procedure and Universal Precautions.
11. Decontaminates equipment, stretchers, and beds in a timely manner.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Technical/Formal Training: Must obtain and maintain a current BLS certification. Certified PCT (Patient Care Technician) preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Ablities: Excellent communication and follow through. Understanding of the principle of universal precautions.
Experience: Prefer minimum of 1 year of healthcare experience.
Licensure: BLS certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.