Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) Progressive Care Unit Days FT
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with approximately 5,000 employees that serves the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You’ll Do
- Cross Trained Assistant (CTA) performs clerical duties as well as nurse aide duties under the direction of a nurse and the unit manager. He/she can act as the unit’s receptionist by preparing the patient chart, assisting with order entry, answering call lights and phone calls. Patient assignments will be given by the nurse, and the CTA will assist with patient care task such as obtaining vital signs, assists in transporting patients, pass meal trays, deliver hygiene care and answers inquiries within the scope of practice. In addition, the CTA will order and monitor utilization of selected supplies: office, nutritional supplements, forms and retrieval chart backs. The CTA will also assist with stocking supplies that are needed in the unit as well as assist in keeping the nursing stations clean and organized.
- Maintains professional working relationship with co-workers, physicians and customers. Listens attentively as evidenced by appropriate response. Maintains positive attitude. Promotes teamwork. Displays positive non-verbal communication skills. Demonstrates positive customer relations.
- Collects information about the condition and treatment plan for the nurse and physician.
- Collaborates with the nurse to carry out patient care tasks.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains patient chart and order entry.
- Bathes patients and provides linen changes as necessary
- Pass meal trays and assist patients as necessary.
- Collect, report and document vital Signs, daily weights and Intake and Output as ordered.
- Clean, sanitize, and restock patient rooms as necessary.
- Answer patient call lights and provide assistance within a timely manner.
- Assist patient with ambulatory transfers and turning assistance as necessary.
What you'll Bring
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must obtain and maintain a current BLS certification.
- Cognitive and interpersonal skills required to deliver intelligent, safe and effective directed patient care. Excellent communication skills both in person and via telephone. Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite. Technical and interpersonal skills required to transcribe orders. Ability to use telecommunications equipment.
- One year health care experience as a nurse aide preferred. One year of experience as a Unit Secretary or Administrative Assistant preferred
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
- 401k with Company match?
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage?
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank?
- Tuition Reimbursement?
- Advancement and career development opportunities?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.