Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN, HF Care Center, FT Days
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our Advanced Heart Failure Center is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our patients, their families and one another. With great teamwork and a knowledgeable, tenured staff, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team, please apply today!
What You’ll Do
The RN, HF Care Center is responsible caring for patients with congestive heart failure. ?
The successful candidate will be able to:?
- Maintain competencies in cardiac dysrhythmias and ventricular assistive devices
- Assess patients and obtain pertinent medical history
- Provide direct patient care, including medication administration via infusion
- Educate and counsel patients and families about disease process and treatments
- Reinforce discharge instructions as well as need for ongoing treatment through clinic appointments
- Provide appropriate support and information throughout the terminal phase of an illness
- Assist with triage phone calls and nurse visits
What You’ll Bring
- Associate’s degree in nursing required, BSN preferred
- 1-3 years of bedside nursing experience required
- Cardiac and critical care experience preferred
- Must have a passion for excellence?
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism displayed through sound judgement, initiative, and flexibility?
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills?
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills?
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions?
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others?
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful situations? ?
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability?
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay
- Four 10 hour shifts?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
- 401k with Company match?
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage?
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank?
- Tuition Reimbursement?
- Advancement and career development opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.