Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN IV Surgery Full Time Open
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. He/ she is also responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care of critically ill patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
1. Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information.
2. Follows and enforces accepted safety practices for patients and Hillcrest Hospital South.
3. Reports hazards and initiates appropriate action.
4. Participates in safety instructional programs.
5. Completes documentation and charges in an accurate, timely, and legible manner.
6. Prepares and provides for departmental needs within budget guidelines.
7. Participates in the recruitment and retention programs of the unit.
8. Monitors and evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of new employees within the introductory period.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Makes critical decisions and collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals.
11. Demonstrates problem solving abilities, leadership skills, and collaborative strengths to function independently with little to no direction.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Technical/Formal Training: None required.
Knowledge/Skill/Abilities: Demonstrated leadership abilities. Ability to work under stressful situations. Good oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff development
Experience: Prefer at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse in an operating room environment.
Licensure: Current Registered Nurse license in Oklahoma. BLS required upon hire and must maintain. ACLS preferred upon hire, if not must obtain within 6 months of hire. CNOR preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.