Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest HealthCare System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our Security department is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our patients, their families and one another. With great teamwork and a knowledgeable, tenured staff, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team, please apply today!
What You’ll Do
The Security Officer is responsible for protecting patients, staff, visitors, hospital property and grounds.
The successful candidate will be able to:?
- Patrol grounds and buildings and secure assigned posts in order to provide sufficient protection to employees, patients, and visitors
- Direct and control vehicular traffic to ensure means of access and egress from the hospital
- Respond to specific requests for assistance in security related matters and investigate incidents to ensure appropriate follow-up action is taken
- Facilitate initiation of emergency and disaster procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain composure in performance of duties during high stress, emergency, or unusual conditions
What You’ll Bring
- High school or GED required
- CLEET Armed license required
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license required
- Crisis intervention training from CPI, MAB, or SAMA preferred?
- Must have a passion for excellence?
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism displayed through sound judgement, initiative, and flexibility?
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills?
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills?
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions?
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others?
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful situations? ?
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability?
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay?
- Advancement and career development opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.