Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sterile Processing Tech FT 3PM-11PM
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with over 6,000 employees who serve the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You’ll Do
The Sterile Processing Technician uses a wide variety of tools, techniques, and equipment to provide sterile surgical instruments to the patients.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participates in teaching other staff members as delegated by Sterile Processing Coordinator
- Uses appropriate personal protective equipment in processing instruments and equipment
- Handles, stores, and transports sterile items to maintain conditions of sterility
- Cleans carts between uses.
- Inspects, returns, and stores items not used on cases.
- Tests sterilization equipment according to current policy and document results.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED.
- Licensure/Certification: Must obtain National Certification (CRCST) by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or IAHCSMM within 2 years of hire date if not currently certified.
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
- 401k with Company match?
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage?
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank?
- Tuition Reimbursement?
- Advancement and career development opportunities?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.