Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Assistant I - Inpatient - Per Diem - Shea Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Therapy Srvcs IP Adult
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree from physical therapist assistant program Required
Licenses and Certifications
Rehab\PTA - Phys Therapy Asst AZ State Certificate in good standing Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Responsible for the administration, documentation, and billing of physical therapy treatments under the direction of a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Provide personalized physical therapy treatments under the supervision of a physical therapist, using a variety of techniques, frame of references, and modalities. Modifies an intervention in accordance with changes in patient/client status within the scope of the established plan of care.
- Communicate essential information regarding patients to the supervising physical therapist, including proposed changes to the treatment plan, daily patient progress, the need for reassessment, the need to discontinue services, and in response to a change in a patient’s medical status.
- Communication: Provide verbal and written patient education to patient, family, and caregiver. Communicate verbally and in writing, in a concise and professional manner with physicians, co-workers, caregivers, patients, family members, and other healthcare providers. Addresses concerns to achieve optimal treatment outcomes as demonstrated through feedback and documentation. Provides timely, proactive feedback to case managers and other key personnel regarding discharge and equipment needs as appropriate. Participates in Interdisciplinary rounds as indicated. Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff relationships.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation in the patient’s medical record as required by the profession and the department, including daily treatment notes, individualized treatment plans, discharge summaries, and daily patient charges.
- Under the direction of the supervising therapist, works with PTA students according to State regulatory requirements and departmental guidelines. Acts as a resource for therapy-related issues to therapy assistive personnel and staff from other departments. Assists in the identification of department needs and contributes to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role-modeling and fostering peer relationships. Participates in departmental and interdepartmental staff meetings, in-services, peer review, and process improvement. Maintains a current knowledge of Physical Therapy techniques, through continuing education courses, professional journals, etc., as well as JCAHO, CARF, DNV and Medicare requirements
- Maintains accurate patient treatment records and completes billing and billing sheets according to department billing procedures and within established timeframes. Assumes responsibility for role in achieving/maintaining financial stewardship by utilizing all resources effectively and efficiently.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.