Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Life Underwriting
at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
We are looking for a Manager, Life Underwriting to manage the life underwriting department and provide training and performance management duties of the staff.
We are looking for someone that can:
- Manage underwriting services for multiple distribution channels and achieve service level standards.
- Review underwriting files of the department staff and resolve issues as necessary.
- Effectively work with reinsurance partners on underwriting decisions, guidelines, procedures, and treaties.
- Be a key participant in our work to integrate automated underwriting into the underwriting process, with emphasis on customer experience and underwriting efficiencies.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and medical advancements and their effect on mortality.
- Maintain costs and expenses within budgetary guidelines; manages departmental budget(s).
- Negotiate with reinsurers, vendors, field partners and others as needed.
- Learn the Company’s underwriting processes and philosophies, insurance policy contracts and reinsurance guidelines.
- Monitor, audit and measure employee work performance and provide coaching accordingly.
Do you have:
- A bachelor’s degree?
- 10 years of life insurance underwriting experience?
- 2 years prior underwriting management experience?
- Thorough knowledge of life underwriting practices?
- Knowledge of state and federal insurance regulations?
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment