Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for interpreting and/or recommending post-sale Service strategy/support programs, evaluating existing methods/processes and developing new procedures/plans to ensure quality and speed of service
- Plans, coordinates and conducts standard and non-standard repair activities/initiatives
- Implements and maintains assigned service repair processes, programs and systems for designated product/s.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Support customers via phone and or email with technical issues, trouble shooting product remotely to achieve maximum up time for the customer
- Assist in supplying support parts or issuance of RMAs to get units repairs in a timely manner
- Utilizing the Stage Gate Model, help create service concept, service manuals, spare parts lists and train appropriate people
- Analyzes tactical needs as well as general requirements and design specifications required to meet business unit needs
- Develops specifications, implements and maintains repair processes and/or systems
- Reviews complex reports and/or failure data and provides analyses, summaries and resulting mitigation plans
- Employs new concepts that significantly impact important problems/issues
- Plans, coordinates and/or conducts complex repair strategies/initiatives
- Exchanges information and resolves issues with other INFICON Team members and customers at varying hierarchical levels over a variety of repair/product performance related issues
- Provides leadership support and advice with regard to technical and/or specialized knowledge to other Team members to drive both quality and speed of service to our customers
- Analyzes current practices/procedures and makes recommendations/decisions for change
- Maintains quality processes and work instructions with appropriate supporting material for users. Updates processes as necessary
Skills and Education:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related technical field and a minimum of 4 years of relevant engineering experience . Will consider applicants that have an Associate degree in Engineering or related field and minimum of 6 years of relevant engineering experience required.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong PC and MS Office skills for reporting research findings and developing technical documentation
- Troubleshooting complex instrumentation including mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and sub-systems
- Speaking and presenting in front of groups in order to provide technical support and training to customers and sales.
- Ability to identify, seek and attain needed information via effective research methods
- Additional Skills include: Ability to remain flexible and task-shift frequently, strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Prefer Experience with Chemical instrumentation (e.g., gas chromatography, mass spectrometers, TF controllers, optical spectrometers.)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)