Jeffco Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Secondary Math
at Jeffco Public Schools
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Jeffco Public Schools, Colorado's largest K-12 school district, with 85,000 students and approximately 14,000 employees, has provided educational excellence for more than 60 years. Nearly 10 percent of all Colorado K-12 students attend a Jeffco school and our employees benefit from partnerships with experienced, dynamic school leaders throughout our district. Our Jeffco Generations vision document and strategic plan map out with focus and clarity what we expect our schools to accomplish with our graduates. Come join us!
ABOUT THE SCHOOL/DEPARTMENT
Evergreen Middle School runs a seven period day designed to meet the needs of our academically diverse population. Teachers have two planning periods within that day which allows for collaboration and planning at both the department and grade level.
Evergreen has a deep commitment to school climate and culture, indicated by our WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) program as well as a daily atmosphere that is student focused on kids, inspired by music, and balanced with a "work hard, play hard" attitude.
ABOUT THE JOB
Strong Internal Candidate
HOURS AND DAYS WORKED
FTE: 1.00000, Hours/Day: 8.000, Days/Year: 185
Salary Plan, Grade, Step: JCE - Professional - 185 days, GR1, 1
Min-Mid Annual Salary Range: $39,922.80 - $56,155.10
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Orient students to their coursework and communicate course requirements.
- Employ asynchronous and synchronous tools to supplement course content.
- Create and deliver live and recorded instructional sessions.
- Maintain regular office hours to provide students or parents one-on-one and small group support.
- Augment course content in the form of remediation, modification, and enrichment.
- Partner with special education staff to implement student's IEP's, ALP's and 504's.
- Set deadlines for student work and grant extensions.
- Attend face-to-face meetings with students and parent/guardian, as scheduled.
- Grade student work, enter grades into an online gradebook, and provide course grade.
- Communicate with parents as needed.
- Collaborate with other instructional staff.
- Administer school-wide assessments including CSAP, ACT, and Acuity.
- Conduct student/parent/teacher conferences.
- Attend (virtual and physical) and actively participate in all required staff meetings and professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE A minimum of five years successful teaching experience. Experience with curriculum, assessment, staff development, and online learning. Experience with effective use of technology with teachers and/or students supporting educational technology initiatives. Awareness, understanding, and application of a guaranteed and viable curriculum. Previous experience or current thinking about culturally responsive teaching that relates to achievement issues for all students. Demonstrated success using technology to ensure technological literate students.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING Valid Colorado teaching license or certificate. Advanced degree or comparable experience in content area.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & EQUIPMENT Must possess demonstrated skills in classroom and online implementation of best practices in instructional strategies, demonstrated success in working with learners, proficiency with Blackboard, and experience with leading online learning. Demonstrated leadership skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of standard District technology, ability to effectively and efficiently use for a variety of purposes, and demonstrated success in using technology and information literacy in instruction. Willingness to learn new technology. Ability to help others make sense of and adjust to change. Must be flexible and have capacity for dealing with ambiguity. Willingness to work a flexible schedule. Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability in interpreting assessment data collected from a variety of sources. Willingness to be a contributing member of the school.
Important Notice Regarding Licensed Positions
Job Status: Ongoing
A successful external applicant will be issued a probationary contract. A successful internal applicant that currently holds a probationary or non-probationary contract with Jeffco Public Schools will maintain that contract status.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Jefferson County School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, pregnancy, or gender.