Jim Click Automotive Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Body Shop Technician - Eastside Collision Center
at Jim Click Automotive Group
POSITION SUMMARY: Repairs and reconstructs accident damaged vehicles; oversees the work of apprentice body shop technicians- maintains an honest and direct relationship with body shop management; Performs assigned vehicle body repair work with speed, accuracy and quality in accordance with manufacturer, insurance company and dealership standards; identifies parts and equipment needed for specific Job being performed; completes assigned work in a safe manner, consistent with federal, state, manufacturer and company safety guides; advises management of any damaged or unsafe equipment or tools; performs safety drive of vehicles on pre-established evaluation routes; obeys all state, federal and DMV laws and regulation, and adheres to all company policies, procedures code of Ethics and all other established guidelines.
HOURS: Shift is from 7:30am to 5:30pm every fourth Saturday.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs assigned vehicle body repair work with speed, accuracy and quality and in accordance with manufacturer, insurance company and dealership standards.
2. Maintains consistent level of competence on vehicle repair and maintenance.
3. Identifies parts and equipment necessary to complete assigned work in a timely manner.
4. Completes all assigned work in a safe manner consistent with both federal, state, manufacturer and Company safety guides.
5. Advises management of any damaged or unsafe equipment or tools.
6. Safety drives vehicles on pre-established evaluation routes.
7. Physically inspects vehicles, identifying any defects, flaws, blemishes and damage either on the exterior or interior.
8. Obeys all state, federal and Department of Motor Vehicles laws and regulations, adheres to all Company policies, procedures and ethical standards and established industry guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Clearly communicates verbally in person and by telephone with management, co-workers and customers regarding the service requirements of the vehicle.
2. English reading and math skills sufficient to read all technical related documents, Material Safety Data Sheets, insurance and manufacturer's information (approximately the 10th grade level).
3. Consistent, regular and timely, daily or as scheduled attendance.
4. Legibly completes required forms, documents and reports as needed.
5. Accurately compares, reads and records identified numbers up to "18" alpha and numeric series (i.e. Vehicle Identification Numbers, part numbers).
6. Ability to stay on task in order to insure timely and accurate completion of duties.
7. Works with more than one person and/or task simultaneously, maintaining a cordial and friendly manner at all times without internalizing frustration, anger or pressure.
8. Works extended hours (potentially I 0 hour days), spur of the moment overtime AND consecutive work days on a regular and irregular basis.
9. Extensive (up to 8 consecutive hours) standing and walking (up to 4 miles daily) on cement, usual parking lot surfaces, tile, lino and other interior and exterior flooring surfaces.
1O. Repeated, regular and extended sliding, twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching and reaching.
11. Repeated and regular getting in and out different sized vehicles.
Applications taken at 780 W. Competition Dr., Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm. in the Tucson Auto Mall.
Equal Opportunity Employer