Jim Click Automotive Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network and System Administrator I
at Jim Click Automotive Group
POSITION: Network and System Administrator I
Hours: M-F 7:30AM-4:30PM (On Call Rotation)
The Network/System Administrator is responsible for the support, maintenance, installation, and integration of all, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Server, and Computer hardware and software within the company as directed by the IT Management. The position maximizes utilization, uptime, availability, and return on investment on all Network/Computer hardware and software. This position provides technical and general support to all company personnel.
- Designs, implements, and supports complex network infrastructure, including VPNs, firewalls, switches, and IP allocations.
- Designs, implements, and supports custom and complex internal IT software and systems.
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment
- Installs and configures telephony, computers, monitors, network infrastructure, mobile devices, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, phones, and related hardware when necessary.
- Assists with the daily administration of network and server environment, interfacing with office/dealership staff, management, and other internal resources when necessary.
- Monitors network performance and performs testing to ensure integrity and efficiency of the network environment.
- Researches and makes hardware/software recommendations to management.
- Supports and enforces backup and disaster recovery operations.
- Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Performs audit functions across the systems and network infrastructure.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- MCSA, Network+, A+, Security+, or industry related certifications preferred.
- 4 years of experience within a Microsoft Windows Operating Environment.
- 3 years of troubleshooting experience related to hardware, operating systems, applications, and network.
- Demonstrated experience of network and information systems technologies relationships (server, switch, database, mainframes, network backbone, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise security, to include antivirus, malware detection/removal, remote access security, and monitoring solutions.
- Ability to work as an individual as well as a member of a project team.
- Experience with Cisco iOS preferred.
- Experience working with company/client documentation and procedures.
- An Arizona-issued driver’s license and ability to be covered by our auto insurance.
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Server technologies
- SQL (MySQL, MSSQL)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Networking: Subnets, VPN, static routing, DNS, Advanced DHCP
- Office365 Cloud Environment
- Remote Access Technologies (RDC, Teamviewer, etc.)
Physical Requirements/Environment: The position has a combination of sitting for long periods of time and moving throughout the facilities; this individual must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis. This position requires the ability to temporarily work in temperatures of 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit.