J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, Part-Time
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
This position is for the2019-2020 school year.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant works under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist to provide direct therapy to students with fine motor/sensory delays.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, participates in the assessment of fine motor, perceptual motor, sensorimotor, and oral motor function.
- Confers with the Occupational Therapist and assists with the development of Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) goals and objectives as determined by the OT assessment on assigned students.
- Utilizes the team approach in working with therapies, teachers, parents, aides, and attendants to provide consultative and/or direct assistance to enhance the student’s participation in Education.
- To provide accurate records for Medicate in The Public Schools (MIPS) on a monthly basis.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, provides follow-through and reinforcement of educational goals and objectives as they relate to functional perceptual motor, sensorimotor, and/or self-care skills.
- Works in conjunction with the staff in providing consultative and/or direct assistance to enhance the student’s participation in Education.
- Manages time, organizes materials, and communicates with IEP team to effectively assist with the case management of assigned children and youth.
- Participates in professional enrichment activities to maintain a high standard of service.
- Engages in public awareness activities to assist consumers in understanding the services and outcomes of the Occupational Therapy profession in the educational setting.
- Serves as an advocate for all children and youth.
- Reports any and all violations of rules and regulations to Supervisor/Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties may require employee to be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat or cold, wind and rain. High humidity and/or dusty conditions may also be present.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Salary Schedule: Certified Non-Teaching Initial Salary Placement
Benefits: Per District Policy
Department: Special Education
Contract: 10 Months
Hours: Full-time, 8 Hours per Day
Reports to: Director of Special Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)