OneAZ Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deposit Operations Manager
at OneAZ Credit Union
Deposit Operations Manager
Summary: Manages operations handled by the Deposit Operations team with assistance of the Director Deposit Operations. Provides professional service and guidance to members, branches, internal departments with routine to moderately complex inquires. Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Protects the confidentiality of all financial data related to Credit Union operations and its members. May act as the department liaison with other business units to assist in facilitation of special project and/or in the resolution of business related system issues. Independent judgment, initiative and accuracy required as well as an understanding of regulatory requirements and risk operations to minimize/eliminate potential loss to the Credit Union.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises associates in Deposit Operations. Carries out managerial responsibilities in according with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provide coaching, handle timecards and ensure satisfactory audit results.
Operational Familiarity with the Following Tasks:
- Wires-Domestic and International
- Share Drafts
- Foreign Collection Checks
- Official Check Stop Payments
- Returned Checks and Check Adjustments
- Check Captures-Teller, Mobile, ATM, Business, Consumer
- Mail Processing
- Verification of Deposits
- Debit and Credit Card Settlements
- Phone Queue
- Help Desk
- ROCC Presenter
- Education and Learning Orientation Presenter
- Familiarity with navigating thru NACHA Rule Book
- Familiarity with Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act Section 1073 and Patriot Act requirements
- Assist with internal and external audit preparation, documentation and research
- Assist Accounting with researching GL discrepancies
- Attention to detail to manage and control high risk transactions related to ACH and wires
- Assist Risk Management with any suspicious or fraudulent transactions
- Ability to serve as processing backup in all tasks
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; two to five years previous supervisory experience and a working knowledge of banking operations PLUS NCP and AAP certification. Be proficient in the use of standard office equipment. Core banking systems familiarity and knowledge desired, but not required. Ability to cross -train in all job functions.
2355 W. Pinnacle Peak Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA