Casa de la Luz Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Patient Services Supervisor
at Casa de la Luz Hospice
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 40
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, with some weekend and holiday coverage
Casa de la Luz has been providing Superior Care for over 20 years
and has grown to become the leader in hospice, palliative, and bereavement care services in Southern AZ!
Come Join our Team of Dedicated Hospice Professionals!
Casa de la Luz Hospice is Seeking to Hire a Full Time Patient Services Supervisor
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (with some weekend & holiday coverage)
*This position offers excellent benefits, PTO, 401(k), and more!*
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our committment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The RN Patient Services Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately and for the supervision of clinical personnel.
- Directly supervises nursing team according to company policy, sets goals and objectives, monitors/manages performance including performance reviews, assesses staff development needs.
- Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed. Conferences with Admission RNs, RN Case Managers, and Medical Director regarding any questions about an individual's eligibility for services.
- Reviews and evaluates each case ongoing through a variety of means such as home visits, conferences, record review and the services provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services; and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
- Reviews patient's medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing Plan of Care.
- Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Participates in ongoing record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to QAPI, ensuring compliance with state and federal hospice regulatory requirements.
- May assist in the screening and interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Actively contributes to the planning, implementation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs. Participates in the evaluating, revising and implementing of organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short and long range.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- May participate in public relation and community activities that promote the organization's role as an effective member of the hospice and health care delivery system. Promotes customer service orientation to all hospice personnel.
- Participates actively in quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) program.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, master’s degree in health care or related field preferred.
- Registered nurse with a license to practice in the state of Arizona.
- Previous experience in hospice/home care setting and with two years management or supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
- Has excellent observation and communication skills and sound nursing judgment.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.