Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Office Manager
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2104
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Assistant Office Manager
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pmEvery other Saturday 8:00am - 12:00pm
Bilingual Type: Spanish
Req # 2554
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Assists the Front Office Manager with administering, directing and coordinating activities relating to the operation of the medical office including the coordination of the scheduling for all providers, support staff and facility maintenance and repair.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Answers incoming calls in a courteous & professional manner. Screens calls and receives and conveys messages electronically, in writing and verbally
- Schedules appointments according to office scheduling policies
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Assists with chart retrieval, sets up new patient charts/ EHR charts
- Ensures lab results, physician’s reports and day sheets are properly placed
- Scans, uploads and distributes chart documents in document manager
- Check-in/ Check-out patients in a timely manner, including: Marks patients accordingly in Patient Tracking System Follows PA policy related to cashier functions Checks balances and credits and collects copay according to insurance plan Discusses & interprets patient balance information within the guidelines of Pediatric Associates collection policy
- Makes follow-up appointments as per Doctor’s request
- Verifies Insurance Ability to update medical record and computer system with new information
- Posts charges and payments Matches procedures with correct diagnosis Reconciles charges & payments
- Sorts and delivers mail, medical records and other correspondence
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner
- Participates and contributes in meetings
- Tracks and coordinates facility maintenance
- Assists the manager in overseeing scheduling templates for providers
- Understands and participates in the interview, hiring and development of new employees
- Assists front office manager in the supervision of individual staff assignments
- Assists the manager in scheduling and coordinating office meetings
- Understands the maintenance of petty cash
- Demonstrates individual initiative
- Identifies, analyzes and solves problems
- Team builder
- Strives to maintain efficient patient flow
- Actively works alongside staff
- Resolves staff conflicts diplomatically and tactfully
- Assists and participates in the supervision of staff and future leadership development
- Capable of assuming all duties of Office Manager
- Assists in the supervision of all front office tasks
- Strives to achieve the goals set by the office budget and learn dashboard
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Assists Office Manager in monitoring employee daily time swipes, overtime and paid time off
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s degree desired.
Licensure: Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid
- Requires two years of work experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer and medical terminology desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!