Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pediatric Associates
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2066
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Full Time, Days
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 5:00pmEvery Other Saturday 7:30am - 12:00pm
Bilingual Type: Spanish
Req # 2565
- PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Performing clinical care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patient’s health and wellness.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.
- Manage patient care through an electronic or paper environment.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Check to make sure that patient history is complete (i.e. immunization records, allergy to medications, health record updates, etc...).
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Obtain brief summary of patient complaint. Document any immunizations needed. Read previous visits to obtain follow-up plan as needed.
- Assist doctors in any necessary procedures such as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Perform sensory screening as needed.
- Fill out any necessary paper work for patient’s i.e. (school forms, medication forms).
- Call hospitals to obtain any necessary results i.e. (lab and x-ray results).
- Complete any necessary referrals and referral cover sheets for doctor approval. Call insurance companies to obtain necessary authorization for certain procedures.
- Set up any home therapies for patient use.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff.
- Attending any necessary meetings to be up to date on changes in protocol and procedures.
- Working as a team with nursing and front office staff for optimal patient care.
- Assisting the doctor in emergency situations.
- Keeping expiration dates current on all sample medications and formulas.
- Having the knowledge and awareness of medications and supplies on crash cart.
- Administering immunizations and medicine injections.
- Follow any OSHA and Safety requirements for rooms and documentation.
- Other various duties as assigned, including cross training in other functional areas.
- Complete all PA University mandatory courses by designated deadlines.
- PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- MA Diploma or Certification
Language: Spanish Required
- Knowledge: Ability to perform necessary vital signs for pediatrics and obtain patient histories. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, and immunization requirements for children. Ability to assess emergency situations and act accordingly. Maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Knowledge of medical safety practices and standard s. Ability to plan, prioritize, organize workflow. Ability to communicate clearly. Skill in maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in identifying problems and researching and recommending resolutions. Skill in preparing records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Active CPR certification required.
- 1 year work experience as Medical Assistant in a medical office setting. Knowledge of computer desired.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood, Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations. They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric Associate’s modern facilities offer comprehensive services, including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the 21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and population health management practices in the United States.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!