PAY GRADE: Executive Salary Schedule
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Interim Chief Systems Offcer provides strategic leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Information Technology Department in Scottsdale Unified School District.
Reports to: The Assistant Superintendent – Ed Services
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop a shared vision for SUSD technology aligned with District goals.
- Identify processes needed to transform the technology vision into actionable plans for success.
- Direct, coordinate, and ensure implementation of tasks related to technical needs, scalability infrastructure, implementation standards, and integration of technology into District operations.
- Provide leadership and oversight of technology services department personnel including hiring, supervision, and evaluation of staff in these areas: Information Technology, Data Systems and Operations, Network and Server Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Video Surveillance, Intercom, Access Control, Security, End User Devices, and Classroom Technologies.
- Manage the creation, implementation, modification, review, and enforcement of policies related to technology use throughout the District. Consult with legal counsel when appropriate and recommend changes as needed.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders, while monitoring requirements, expectations, and preferences for technology adoption and use.
- Provide support and consultation to district and building administration on planning and implementing technology initiatives.
- Provide leadership and technical support by designing, developing and maintaining an effcient, unifed and fully integrated technology system.
- Deploy and support the use of technology to improve communication and organizational needs including, but not limited to enterprise email system, data-systems and communications systems.
- Manage the Information Technology budget and serve as a strong business leader who guides technology-related purchasing processes and decisions and fosters professional relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Provide oversight and support of educational and business application interoperability including data, applications, and systems integration.
- Provide management and accountability of District technology assets.
- Negotiate contracts to include new purchases, maintenance, and services.
- Monitor allocation of funds to effectively utilize technology in support of district instructional programs.
- Prepare documentation to provide written support and/or conveying information (e.g. budgets, instrutions, memos, training, etc.).
- Provide oversight and technical support for technologies deployed to support student, staff and building safety, and security.
- Design, implement and monitor security measures for districtwide data operations
- Serve as the District’s Data Privacy Officer and implement data privacy and cyber security awareness initiatives, district wide.
- Facilitate project management of technology-related initiatives.
- Provide oversight of helpdesk operations for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Coordinate technology support for all standardized testing.
- Coordinate technical support personnel by maintaining classroom and district level computer technology operations.
- Assist in the design of technology infrastructure in new and existing facilities.
- Research computer hardware and software applications, vendors, consultants and current technology by recommending acquisitions and ensuring availability of instructional materials.
- Provide support for district-approved hardware and software.
- Serve as liaison to software/hardware providers by providing information and coordinating district activities.
- Assist other personnel as required by supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Serve as the technical architect for district LAN and WAN.
- Planning and management of eRate requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
Desired Education (Relevant executive leadership will be considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Technology, Computer Information Systems, Management, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Computer Information Systems, Management, or related field (preferred)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of responsible management and leadership experience.
- Experience in advanced systems design; project management and technology design
- Experience in vendor negotiations and purchasing of equipment.
- Experience in contract requirements for data processing equipment.
- Experience as Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) administration.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
- Knowledge of school information systems, database concepts, online application, systems development, deployment and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture and management, Identity Account Management, Data and Access Governance, Active Directory Management, VOIP and Network and Data Security protocols.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
- Effective leadership and personal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negoligible amount of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.