Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2020-2021 1.0FTE Special Ed Teacher on Assignment - Behavior Specialist - MDA
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job of Behavior Specialist is done fo rhte purpose of providing educational interventions, and progress monitoring for students in order to increase student performance and change behavior.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Work with individual students or small groups of students to provide interventions and process monitoring;
2. Maintain records of interventions and progress monitoring to insure process fidelity;
3. Attend team/parent meetings as required; provide input to teams regarding student strengths and weeknesses;
4. Use identified scientific, research-based interventions focused specifically on individual student difficulties;
5. Maintain data-based documention of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress;
6. Participate in student screening activities and assist with the analysis of the data to identify students in need;
7. Provide data to the school teams and participate in decisions about student progress;
8. Utilize tracking systems to maintain lists of students participating in interventions;
9. Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested by the principal;
10.Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
• Master’s degree preferred
• Arizona teacher certification aligned to grade levels where assigned
• Minimum five (5) years susccessful teaching experience
• Special Education and/or RTI experience
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
KEY COMPETENCIES: (position requirements at entry):
· High energy level
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail
· High work standards
· Problem solving
· Decision making
· Organizing and planning
· Learning orientation
· Critical thinking
· Stress tolerance
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Board Cert. Behavior Analyst|
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)