Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Services Specialist - Locksmith
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: L
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Incumbents perform journey level skilled activities which include the work of mechanics, electricians, plumbers, HVAC technicians, locksmiths, irrigation, painters, and carpenters. Trains and oversees work of other employees. Maintains related specs, drawings, blueprints, and records.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
Vocational Degree and four years of specialized trades experience directly related to the area of assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Some positions may require:
· Pesticide Applicator License;
· Commercial Driver’s License, Class A;
· ASE Certifications;
· Licensure in a trade.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Procedures, practices, and methods related to area of assignment;
· Tools, equipment, and materials relevant to area of assignment;
· Safety procedures;
· Inventory principles;
· Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and standards;
· Recordkeeping principles;
· Mathematical principles;
· Safe work practices.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Prioritizing and assigning work;
· Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
· Performing journey level trades maintenance activities;
· Reading blueprints, schematics, drawings, and/or construction drawings;
· Troubleshooting systems related to area of assignment;
· Preparing and maintaining a variety of maintenance records;
· Maintaining and procuring inventory and supplies;
· Performing mathematical calculations, including algebra and geometry;
· Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, and standards;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)