Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Limited Appointment Instructional Support Assistant @ Cochise Elementary
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: C
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This is the entry level within the series. Incumbents assist certified teachers with classroom activities. Duties may include: making materials; setting up and monitoring student activities; moving and shelving books; stocking and cleaning rooms; and copying materials. Acts as a student help aide in moving students and assisting with personal hygiene activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Title Schools: 60 hours of secondary education or successful completion of the Paraprofessional test;
· Special Needs: Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Basic first aid;
· Child care principles;
· Basic English language and grammar;
· Basic mathematical skills.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Monitoring and assisting children with activities;
· Using office equipment;
· Dealing patiently with children;
· Maintaining order, discipline, and interest of children;
· Performing routine mathematical calculations;
· Providing customer service;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to odors, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Administrative Support Coordinator|
Monday, September 14, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)