Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pinal County
Pay: $30,433 to $34,237.50/year
$30433 - $34237.5
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2771065
Overall Job Objective
Performs complex work of considerable difficulty in recording, transcribing and processing court proceedings.
- Example of Duties
- Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Issues jail releases, warrants, and confidential orders.
- Marks and maintains exhibits according to established procedures.
- Prepares processes and certifies copies.
- Receive, prepare and handle sensitive materials and/or illicit subject matter such as photographs, narcotics or testimony that may be needed in or for court.
- Summarizes and types court proceedings in minute entry form.
- Keeps records of matters taken under advisement to assure judge's ruling within time limitations set by law.
- Travel to and from the Clerk's office to various locations.
- Takes and transcribes oral dictation or transcribes oral dictation using courtroom recording device.
- Enters and maintains data in automated case management system.
- Administers oaths.
- Polls jurors and reads verdicts.
- Impanels jury.
- Maintains lists.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of accountability, commitment, and teamwork to help enrich lives beyond expectation.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records and restricted County/Court information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year of administrative experience.
- Valid Driver's License with Arizona Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Supplemental Information
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of court procedures and services.
- Knowledge of automated court case management systems.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and business English.
- Knowledge of procedures, guidelines, and statutory requirements that govern duties of courtroom clerks.
- Ability to understand and apply local rules, administrative directives, court rules and Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of court matters.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend, and sit for prolonged periods of time and/or drive a vehicle. Manual dexterity to reach, and grasp; manual dexterity to hand write or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see/read; hear and speak to communicate with customers in person and over the phone. The work is requires exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects. May potentially be exposed to blood borne pathogens, sensitive materials and/or illicit subject matter such as photographs, narcotics or testimony.
Position is located in an indoor office environment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!