Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Volunteer - Victim Services - Pinal County Attorney's Office
at Pinal County
Position provides direct assistance and services to victims of crime. The volunteer, after successfully completing the required training, is expected to provide professional victim advocacy to crime victims by offering information, support and resources while serving as a liaison between crime victims and the judicial system. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the needs of crime victims, intervention techniques, and referral sources, as well as office policies and procedures. The volunteer is expected to exercise discretion in the application of policies, procedures, and guidelines in selection of appropriate resources for use in meeting the immediate, non-medical needs of the victim(s). Due to the sensitive and confidential information the volunteer will be working with, the volunteer must be able to maintain confidentiality. Duties may include general office activities such as answering and routing phone calls, handling of mail correspondence, scanning and collection of victim satisfaction surveys. The decision made by the volunteer reflect the same work as a paid employee’s work of the department. The volunteer is under supervision of the PCAO Victim Services Manager. Volunteer is expected to follow procedures and seek prior approval from manager before any changes to services are made.
- Example of Duties
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age, a United Stated citizen or legal resident.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Must have transportation.
- Must possess proof of current auto insurance, at all times.
- Must successfully pass and complete background examination and oral interview.
- Minimum Requirements
- This is a voluntary unpaid position.
- Upon review and approval of your application, you will be contacted for an oral board interview.
- Commitment of one year of service for volunteers.
- Commitment of one semester for interns.
- Commitment of a minimum of 12 volunteer hours per week, on average.
- Commitment to attend ongoing meetings, in-service training and education workshops.
- On-call status with respect to your hours of availability and location.