Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lam Research
Together we move the Atoms that move the World
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
Payroll Specialist 4 performs advanced technical work in a specialized area of payroll, makes independent judgments within established limits, and have some lead responsibilities.
Skill / Requirements
- Responsible for processing payroll for a 1000+ employee alpha- base.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and/or resource to others in the area of payroll processing.
- Reviews, analyzes and verifies payroll reports and documents for accuracy; makes necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures.
- Analyzes and responds to complex matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of payroll policies and procedures
- Researches and interprets a variety of complex technical information in response to inquiries.
- Advises, interprets and provides direction to management and staff on rules and procedures, Federal, state and local laws and regulations involving payroll.
- Authorizes, reviews and/or enters payroll transactions and related data;
- Researches, analyzes and resolves difficult or advanced technical problems or questions presented by co-workers, employees, and/or outside agency representatives
- Recommends or participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations; assists coordinate approved changes within payroll processing system; updates affected policy/procedure manuals.
- Compiles payroll reports for both internal and external purpose; submits to supervisor for review.
- Acts as liaison with staff, faculty, administrators and students in answering questions, providing alternatives, and facilitating decision-making.
- Responds verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints or problems and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
- Coordinates and interacts with federal and state agencies on specialized issues pertaining to employee compensation and deductions.
- Initiates payroll processing quality assurance reviews; identifies training issues and/or problem prone processes to ensure optimal efficiency and error-free operations.