Lauren's Institute for Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Collections Administrator
at Lauren's Institute for Education
Lauren’s Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in the East Valley in an all-inclusive pediatric therapy center, day treatment center, and private school. We are looking for a full time Medical Collections Administrator. Come be a part of a great cause & a family-like team, with competitive pay & growth potential.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with insurance companies and clients to expedite claim processing.
- Administer and authorize appropriate collection activities in accordance with practice guidelines for insurance and private pay.
- Assists with processing and entering payment information into billing software on a regular basis.
- Verify client insurance information and benefits and ensure all pre-authorization requirements are met.
- Maintain ongoing authorizations.
- Confirm yearly that clients have no insurance changes.
- Monitor deductibles & non-payments.
- Research & implement coding & billing changes.
- Communicate requirements for billing & authorizations to appropriate departments.
- Submit insurance forms to insurance companies as required.
- Receive payment for services rendered and provide receipts.
- Receive and resolve client account problems and discrepancies.
- Input new client data into appropriate systems and update changes as needed.
- General administration duties, including, but not limited to:
- Assist Office Manager as needed
- Assist with client filing
- Copy & distribution of appropriate documentation
- Backup coverage for the front desk as needed
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- We are looking for a motivated, detail orientated person who is ethical & trustworthy, works with integrity and takes initiative.
- Medical Insurance collections experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills a must.
- Proficient oral & written communication skills required.
- Previous experience with Medical Billing and Terminology preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities.