Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate, Instructional (MOWR) (M.C.CASH)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Associate's degree (A. A.) or 60 college credit from an accredited institution; equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Passing score of an academic assessment in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. Basic typing ability desirable.
Principal, professional staff to whom assigned
To assist professional staff members by performing a variety of tasks related to the operation of classrooms or other instructional areas.
- Assist the teacher with planned activities and instructional programs.
- Record and file statistical data, grades, and reports.
- Assist in preparing instructional materials for daily instruction as planned by the teacher; set up and operates audiovisual equipment; type educational materials; ability to use and operate copy machines, and computers.
- Assist the teacher in maintaining individual student records.
- Assist in supervising students in the classroom, lunchroom, and on the playground under the supervision of a district certified staff member.
- Presents subject matter to students, utilizing variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and supervised role-playing, under the supervision of the teacher.
- Prepares, administers, and grades examinations.
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Confers with parents on progress of students.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and district software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)