Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kids Club Preschool Manager
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
High School diploma or equivalent, a minimum of six hours of academic course work or 72 hours of documented workshop experience in early childhood education, child development or a closely related field. Must be at least 21 years of age. A valid fingerprint clearance card. Must be Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ First Aid certified within 30 days of hire.
Kids Club Coordinator
To maintain the effective operation of the District Extended Day Program and to maintain positive relations with parents, staff and children in the program. Increase children’s enrollment to the program.
- Works with coordinator and co-workers to plan, organize, and direct a variety of recreational and educational before and after school activities for students grade K-8.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the children, parents, school staff and other community members.
- Establishes and maintains standards of acceptable behavior using non-punitive methods, which supports the child’s self-esteem.
- Maintains an environment which promotes cooperation, learning and enjoyment.Assists Coordinator with daily attendance and records, scheduling and implementing daily activities, distributing daily snack and assisting in any manner as requested.
- Interacts and encourages high participation of students in daily activities and planning process.
- Assists in maintaining facility by keeping it clean, organized, & secure. Reports problems.
- Assists with daily set-up and take-down of center: lifting/moving tables, chairs, and boxes.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings.
- Supervises and assists staff in all areas of on site operations.
- Follows Arizona Department of Health Services rules and regulations.Assists student with homework.
- Assists the Kids Club office with the collection of tuition.
- Ensures billing statements are handed out each week to the parents.Must be able to complete 18 hours of required trainings annually.
- Works additional hours on early release days.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Effective written communication.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)