Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Electrical Build Technician
at Local Motors, Inc.
- The Junior Electrical Technician position is responsible for executing and validation activities in addition to other facility start-up support activities, as needed. The role will transition to an operational manufacturing tech position where it is expected that the incumbent conducts all manufacturing department processes and assists the Electrical team Lead as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Junior Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for build up and Testing of electrical sub system such as powertrain wiring, High Voltage battery install, setup and qualification of all electrical components.
- You will work safely and be held responsible for accuracy and completeness of Local Motors vehicles. This includes high voltage training and standard automotive work/assembly methods.
- This encompasses building vehicles to specification using established SOPs, testing and diagnosis of each vehicle both within our facility and follow up with quality and other manufacturing cells. This role requires an equal level of technical and people skills.
- Must be willing to work in a cross functional organization and support other areas of the build based on production needs.
- Contribute to the Electrical team to complete scheduled work on time on the Manufacturing/Build floor.
- Coordinate activities across function.
- Escalate issues or decision effectively to production manager.
- Containment of issues as they arise on shift and work with quality and engineer.
- Involved in hands-on execution of manufacturing operations.
- Accountability for results.
- Contribute toward authoring SOPs and Job aids, associated to work cell
- Support the implementation of Kanban and 5S systems to Full production environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- Technical field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive concentration preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
Five years of progressive production experience in the Automotive/Electrical manufacturing related industry is required. A working knowledge of all new processes and procedures relating to new products transfer and launch. Electrical aptitude relative to the understanding of 3D printing and manufacturing fabrication methods. Proficiency in MS Office spreadsheet software preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for conflict resolution. The ability to read, write, follow and train others in complex instructions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.