Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Property Mgr
at MAAC Project
|Location:||Hillside Views - San Diego, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
Under direction, the Assistant Property Manager performs a variety of duties and assists the Property Manager in the day-to-day operation of the property. The Assistant Property Manager prepares and maintains financial records and narrative reports; investigates occurrences; oversees safety and maintenance; conducts leasing duties; assists in the enforcement of MAAC Project policies and rules at residential sites; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Enters data in resident accounts receivable ledgers.
- Codes invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists with resident records documentation to comply with appropriate affordable housing regulations.
- Assists with collection of rent and other income, makes bank deposits, forwards receipts to central office on a monthly basis.
- Maintains office hours as directed by the Property Manager.
- Performs general clerical functions for the property.
- Assists with the leasing process from initial application to move-in.
- Follows all fair housing and local landlord and tenant laws and regulations.
- Responds to customer service requests and ensures timely and satisfactory completion.
- Collaborates with site team and residents to create and strengthen a healthy community and facilitate on-site communication.
- Serves in an on-call capacity for emergency issue response; rotates on-call responsibilities with the Property Manager.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of laws, methods, practices, procedures, federal and state housing programs (especially tax credit), and regulations of leasing residential housing units.
- Maintain account receivable ledgers under supervision.
- Operate modern office equipment including photocopier, calculator, computer and word processing, occupancy and other related software.
- Learn and adhere to complex regulatory requirements.
- Organize and maintain basic files.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, other MAAC staff and community members public and others encountered in the course of work, always ensuring tact, discretion and courtesy.
- High school or G.E.D. equivalent
- One year of responsible property or apartment management experience
- Must reside onsite
- Clerical or basic business training preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
Must have a physical examination, TB and vaccination clearance as required by state and federal regulations and a drug screen by a doctor/clinic designated by MAAC prior to the first day of employment.
Union Membership ( if applicable):