Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Child Development Program|
|Location:||Rincon - Valley Center, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Part Time No Benefits|
Under supervision, is largely responsible for assistance in the preparation, distribution and serving of food including meals and snacks and the cleanliness of the kitchen, offices spaces, and restrooms; maintains cleanliness of kitchen equipment, dishes, and the facility. Packs, drives and delivers food to sites as needed and performs related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of large and small quantities of food; completes routine kitchen/dining room/food chores as assigned; prepares necessary food and serving items or service prior to or after use; cleans, cuts, trims, chops and/or slices food products; opens containers and bags of fresh and frozen foods, fruits, etc., or dry goods and cereals and slices, divides, etc.; divides and/or assists in dividing food into appropriately sized portions and/or containers; loads carts for food distribution and unloads carts upon return; sanitizes surfaces, picks up and puts away materials in the classroom or kitchen in order to maintain a safe and organized environment.
- Maintains inventory of food and supplies; prepares and maintains records in compliance with CACFP requirements; maintains temperature logs, inventory, ordering, and menu production records; completes and/or ensures that sites complete assigned documentation; prepares documents or emails using a computer and performs administrative tasks such as filing/sorting paperwork.
- Places food orders; participates in kitchen clean up, inventory and other kitchen tasks as requested and/or assigned; Maintains accurate record keeping for program requirements.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards; conducts major cleaning of refrigerators, storerooms, and equipment; cleans and sanitizes tools, equipment, work station, work station counters and floors; mops/ sweeps kitchen, washes tools, equipment, work tables, walls, refrigerators and other dishes as assigned; follows all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Drives to assigned sites to distribute food and other supplies and unloads; inspects and maintains vehicle.
- Sweeps, mops, and cleans floors and floor drains; removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Provides support with client services, as appropriate.
- May assist classroom staff in activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- May interact with children during meals for socializing and educational experience and assist in activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Communicates with parents/families as needed.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings, workshops, trainings and meetings as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent AND six (6) months of experience working in a kitchen, restaurant or food service facility.
- Working knowledge of large-scale food production, sanitation and safety procedures prescribed for large scale kitchen production and food ordering and inventory systems.
- Basic literacy skills including the ability to read, write, and speak English to keep temperature logs, inventory, ordering, and menu production records and enter data into a computer tracking system.
- Ability to problem solve and respond appropriately to the unexpected (staff shortages, equipment malfunctions etc.) while maintaining strict meal schedules.
- Valid CPR, First Aid and Food Handlers Certifications must be obtained within first ten (10) days of employment and maintained throughout employment (paid, designated training may be available through MAAC). In the event an employee does not attend MAAC scheduled training, they must obtain the cards through outside resources and costs will not be reimbursed. The certifications must be obtained and maintained within prescribed timelines.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Effective communication skills with staff, parents and children of various cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Food production, sanitation and safety procedures prescribed for large scale kitchen production and food ordering and inventory systems and standard units of measurement used in food services.
- Perform work with minimum supervision; learn and perform simple cooking and food preparation techniques
- Stoop, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Follow verbal directions
- Drive a van as needed for food service delivery
Union Membership ( if applicable):