Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elementary School Instructional Aide - Simis
at Madison School District # 38
POSITION: Middle SchoolInstructional Aide
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Works with students in a small group basis including students with reading difficulties.
3. Works in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Relates to students, parents and staff in a positive manner.
5. Ability to walk and/or stand for periods of one to two hours or more and work in an outdoor environment.
6. Knowledge of local traffic laws and safety practices.
7. Experience with children preferred.
Working under the supervision of the teacher, provide instructional support and assistance to students, crossing guard duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Assist the teacher in implementing the instructional program under the teacher’s direct or indirect supervision.
2. Work with students on a one-to-one basis and in small groups.
3. Make and gather materials and resources for instruction.
4. Monitor student activities as assigned (i.e., in classroom, on playground, on bus).
5. Follow teacher(s) directions to provide a consistent discipline program for students.
6. Observe, monitor, record student progress.
7. Use the following equipment, but not limited to: computer, telephone, printer, copy machine.
8. Crosswalk duty (including assisting students through intersections and throroghfares at established crosswalks).
9. Alert motorists to the presence of students by displaying appropriate signs, and stop traffic as necessary to protect the safety of children.
10. Direct students to comply with traffic signals.
11. Make good decisions involving students and motorists.
12. Understand and apply safety-related precautions as outlined in MSDS.
13. Perform additional duties as assigned by the designated supervisor(s)
Salary Range: $11.25-$18.00 (DOE)
9 month employment
Job Contact Information
Thursday, November 7, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)