Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Psychologist-0.8FTE 2019-2020 SY
at Madison School District # 38
TITLE: School Psychologist
- Master's Degree
- Arizona certificate as a school psychologist and recorded with Maricopa County School Superintendent.
- A comprehensive knowledge of special education students’ needs and special education program.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Director of Special Education and School Principals
To enable students to derive the fullest possible benefit from their educational experience by: participating in school level efforts to identify special needs students, providing diagnostic services to students identified by school staff or community agencies and by providing either direct or indirect treatment when appropriate to help students overcome conditions and behaviors that impede their academic and/or interpersonal growth.
- Identify and place eligible special education students. Provide psychological and other testing to assist in placements and program design.
- Generate and maintain S.E. documents supporting placement, program design and psychoeducational evaluations. Maintain psychological files in compliance with IDEA and 504 and state regulations.
- Consultation and counseling for identified SE students.
- Assist with program modifications and behavioral plans for regular education students. Observation, direct staff and student contact, assist with writing of modified programs, behavioral contracts, and reinforcement schedules.
- Assist CST with the assessment and screening of referred students. Perform academic, perceptual and behavioral assessments and/or observe, call prior schools, review records.
- Facilitate referrals to community medical and mental health personnel. Telephone interviews, letter generation, attend outside staffings and parent consultations.
- Consult with parents for crisis situations regarding their children. Telephone contacts, staffings, counseling sessions.
- Facilitate effective special education program design and implementation, (e.g. special needs preschool, District Crisis Plan, Non-violent Crisis Intervention and SST/MDC).
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
217 days to coincide with teachers’ holidays.
Salary to be determined yearly according to the Governing Board approved range.
Performance will be evaluated by the Special Education Director with the input of building principals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk;
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an indoor environment that may be dark or low light and include sounds/music at a high volume
Job Contact Information
|Title||Director for Special Education|
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)