Madison School District # 38
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher - Special Education Developmental Preschool 2019-2020SY
at Madison School District # 38
TITLE: Special Education Teacher
- Arizona certificate - Early Childhood Special Education.
- A comprehensive knowledge of special education students’ needs and special education programming.
- Successful experience working with early childhood-aged students with LD, ED, MIMR, and other categories.
- Teaching ability: increasing students’ language development and communication skills, cognitive and literacy skills; improving motor ability to enhance school performance; increasing mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills; social and behavior skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaborate with general education staff to enhance student progress and provide necessary accommodations and modifications in the general education environment.
- Ability to plan for and supervise instructional assistants.
- Ability to promote the inclusion of students as appropriate for individual students.
- Knowledge and experience in effective inclusive practices.
- Ability to develop effective lesson plans based on appropriate IEP development.
- Commitment to helping students achieve in the Madison curriculum and according to state standards.
- Able to work effectively with parents.
- Commitment to attend district training in math and literacy learning.
- Will attend all Faculty meetings, participate and contribute in all staff development.
- Participate in Student Success Team (SST) meetings and Multidisciplinary Conference (MDC) meetings.
- Personal characteristics include: positive attitude, high energy level, organized, attentive to time lines, thorough with paperwork requirements, a team player, a contributing faculty member, able to manage multiple tasks and an effective communicator.
Director for Student Services, Coordinator for Special Education and School Principal.
To provide excellent special education instruction to students with disabilities; to demonstrate best practices to enhance student performance; to provide excellent educational opportunities in the least restrictive environment that is conducive to student achievement.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
205 days on Teacher’s schedule (includes holidays/breaks). Salary to be determined according to the Board approved range.
Performance will be evaluated by the building principal with input from the Director for Student Services and/or Coordinator for Special Education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk;
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an indoor environment that may be dark or low light and include sounds/music at a high volume.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)