Maricopa Integrated Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Worker
at Maricopa Integrated Health System
Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
BH Unit 3 - Mesa
Regular - Full Time 36 Hours Per Week
Salary Range: $12.01 - $19.22
Performs a variety of routine activities to provide physical and psychological care to patients in the psychiatry department. The patient population carries a primary mental health diagnosis and is 18 years of age or older.
Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer a minimum of at least six weeks of experience working in a behavioral health setting. Must be able to complete Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training upon hire. Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults over the age of 65, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorder, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year