Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administration and Analysis Manager
at Maricopa County
- Position Overview
This Systems Administration and Analysis Manager serves as the Division Commander for Infrastructure and Security Services for the MCSO Technology Bureau. They also manage and direct staff that performs systems administration and/or analysis in Data Center LAN administration, network planning, database management, business systems analysis, network and data security, audit and/or quality assurance. The Systems Administration and Analysis Manager is responsible for the design, acquisition, installation, configuration and continuing operation of network and data center equipment and software. They participate in strategic planning for the department; establishes goals for the division; and is responsible for management and development of staff, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Position Qualifications
Minimum education and/or experience:
Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology or an IT related field and eight (8) years of IT work experience in networking, virtualization technologies or system administration which includes a minimum of three (3) years of management and/or supervisory experience of a technical staff in an IT environment. An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or similar IT experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
Specialized training, certifications, and/or other special requirements:
Must possess, or have the ability to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona driver's license. Training to be provided on-the-job: FEMA NIMS - IS100 and 700; OSHA training; ADP payroll training; PREA training. Prior to hiring, the Sheriff's Office requires that all candidates pass a polygraph examination and an extensive background review.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Project management
- Deployment of cloud services
- Enterprise storage solutions
- MS Office 365 (O365)
- MS SharePoint
- Data Center Virtualization
- Disaster Recovery
- Customer focused solutions
- Leadership and personnel management to
- Working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and recommend solutions
- Analytical problem-solving
- Plan, organize, monitor, control, and implement technologies in a large organization
- Effectively supervise technical staff and work well with clients and vendors
- Present information clearly and professionally to internal and external audiences
- Provide expertise related to department or division activities and work procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Apply keen attention to detail
- Present ideas in user-friendly language
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Gain understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Be highly self-motivated and directed
Master's degree Computer Science, Information Technology or an IT related field. Experience in deployment of cloud services, Enterprise storage solutions, MS Office 365 (O365), MS SharePoint, Data Center Virtualization, and Disaster Recovery.
Preferred training, certifications and/or other special requirements:
Preferred vendor certifications in some or all of the following technology areas: Microsoft,
Cisco, VMWare and/or PMP.
Work primarily occurs indoors and occasionally outdoors. Tasks require ability to manage frequent interruptions, time pressures, and high work volumes. Job includes team-oriented activities, and interaction with all levels of management and personnel, as well as the public. Responsibilities require ethical conduct and a professional demeanor.
The following environments described are only representative of how the essential job tasks are currently performed or envisioned. As such, in order to accommodate a disability or limitation, the essential job tasks may be performed in ways other than described on these pages.
- Indoors and occasionally outdoors
- May require the use of stairs or ladders
- Rarely in temperatures about 90 degrees or below 40 degrees
- Confined areas
- Sitting, standing, walking
- Driving a vehicle
- Speaking, hearing, seeing, reading
- Distinguishing colors
- Bending/kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Crawling, crouching, balancing
- Lifting floor to waist fifty (50) pounds
- Lifting waist to shoulder twenty-five (25) pounds
- Lifting shoulder to overhead twenty-five (25) pounds
- Carrying a weight of fifty (50) pounds for a distance of 20 feet
- Pushing/pulling a weight of one hundred (100) pounds for a distance of 50 feet
- Occasional emergencies
- Constant interruptions and time pressures
- High volume of work
- Handling multiple or complicated tasks, frequently changing tasks, and/or unscheduled tasks
- Decision making
- Rare isolation
- Working in close proximity with others
- Public contact
- Essential Job Tasks
- Coordinates close relationships with clients and ensures that excellent customer service is provided in a timely and courteous manner
- Directs the procurement, installation, maintenance, operations, and performance management of IT equipment and software supporting network infrastructure and numerous business applications
- Ensures that enterprise applications and systems are available, while coordinating maintenance windows and downtime with affected divisions/users (Systems including 911, Dispatch (CAD), Records Management System (RMS), and the Jail Management System (JMS))
- Provides technical expertise to and functions as an escalation point for support staff, other IT personnel and users
- Develops, implements, and maintains standards, policies and procedures for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining IT equipment
- Ensures network and data security by working closely with DPS and County resources to coordinate network infrastructure changes
- Ensures quality change management practices are followed throughout the change process
- Provides audit information, as needed, to support only authorized data access
- Manages and ensures effectiveness of security solutions in partnership with County Information Security Office, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component and server inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
- Provides "ownership" of problems through final resolution
- Researches, reviews, and provides recommendations for state of the art systems to fulfill business requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert on systems and network support
- Negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to procure network products and services
- Schedules, coordinates, and assigns staff members to particular duties
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff
- Fulfills departmental requirements for providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel absences
- Collects and reports data as required for departmental statistics
- Participates in and/or leads teams in development of requests for proposals, evaluating bid response, selecting vendors and monitors contract performance after implementation
- Develops and prioritizes budget issues for submission during the annual budget cycle and manages operating budget for the division
- Performs cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Represents the Sheriff's Office on various County, Justice and Law enforcement committees and workgroups that requires use of a vehicle to travel site to site
- Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.