The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Navigator - Deaf and Hard of Hearing Integrated Care
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
The health navigator works within the Colorado Daylight Partnership Integrated Care Initiative team. They provide services to assigned individuals from an integrated care practice to link them with community resources and help them negotiate health information and systems, in support of each person’s overall well- being. This position includes working on a multidisciplinary team, community education and outreach.
This ideal candidate is an individual with heart and passion for providing education and training to deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind (DHH) communities as well as serving as an advocate and navigator for individual with the goal of increasing behavioral health knowledge within these communities and promoting increased access to and engagement in services for DHH Coloradans.
New Hire Range: $19.49/hr - $23.41/hr
$2.50/hr ASL Differential
- Understand, support and articulate the values and goals of the Mental Health Center of Denver, the Diversity & Inclusiveness department and the Colorado Daylight Partnership
- Work closely and communicate directly with individuals’ medical and behavioral health providers to help increase access to needed services and navigate our systems
- Effective written English skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may be required.
- Responsible for to provide personalized guidance to assigned individuals as they move through the health care system.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills to promote behavioral health literacy and reduce stigma
- Fully disclose relevant training, experience and credentials, in order to help individuals understand the scope of services.
- Must have a clear understanding of HIPAA, confidentiality, personal boundaries and be self-assured in a variety of situations.
- Must have valid Colorado Drivers license and a recent clean driving record. Ability to transport consumers in dependable vehicle.
- Consistent with grant priorities, perform other duties as assigned.