The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Voc. Counselor and Employment Specialist I/II
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
Position Summary: Responsible for vocational rehabilitation activities which support consumers who want work adjustment training, job search and placement, and skill training for volunteer assignments, work experiences, part-time or full-time employment. Coordinate employment services, including development of community jobs, working with employers to ensure quality job placements, working with outside agencies and partnering to benefit the employment program. Cooperatively work with treatment sites to established mutual outcomes for the people we serve.
VC I - $17.90/hr. - $21.48/hr. (Bachelor)
VC II - $19.99/hr. - $24.02/hr. (Master, or Bachelor + 5 yr)
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for development of competitive community jobs and skill-building activities needed to attain employment.
- Provide consistent vocational assessments to assist the people that we serve, to be successful in a job/jobs.
- Employment Specialist duties as required to identify appropriate programs and eligibility, as to ensure access for the people that we serve.
- Work closely with employers to coach people that we serve and provide appropriate interventions.
- Research and develop community contacts that help with appropriate job placements.
- Complete data/reporting pertaining to program measurements.
- Coordinate with clinical departments and therapist regarding vocational objectives.
- Find employment for a diverse population with a serious and persistent mental illness.
- Work in the community 60% of time.
- Other duties as assigned.