Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Final/Mechanical Inspector (2nd Shift)
at Modern Industries
*** 2nd Shift Position ***
Performs receiving inspections of products to determine conformance to the customer’s Engineering prints and specifications, utilizing standard mechanical instruments, CMM’s, functional gauges, test fixtures, and electronic diagnostic instruments for variable data collection. Follows Manufacturing plans, and inspection procedures to report product status accurately, record “turn-backs” for resolution, and identify nonconforming material to be properly documented and segregated. Prepare and use standard documentation for reporting variable test data, SPC, and detailed inspection plans for the purpose of recording measurement results on . Be able to exhibit an accuracy in judgment for ascertaining critical components and possess administrative qualities for document collection. Perform FAI submittals to Customers, perform Delegated inspection source on Customer behalf.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skill-set required to conduct receiving inspections using standard mechanical, and electrical instruments, functional gauges, test fixtures and utilizing CMM’s with existing Part Programs. Additionally have good basic math aptitude and organizational skills.
- Ability to read engineering drawings interpreting GDT per Ansi Y14.5, technical specifications, product certifications, manufacturing planning, and inspection procedures.
- Ability to interpret SPC plans and results, analyze SPC data for Manufacturing Improvements, understand and perform Gage R&R studies.
- Report product status accurately, record “turn-backs” for resolution, analyze product history for trends and identify nonconforming material to be properly documented and segregated using Computer software.
- Prepare and use standard documentation for reporting and detailed inspection plans for the purpose of recording measurement results on Computer software .
- Perform process / product audits, over-checks for product validation, and review product history for trends and analysis.
- Inspector is expected to have a comprehensive understanding of appropriate workmanship standards and be able to use sampling plans to establish product acceptance in line with the customer’s specifications.
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes, familiarity and knowledge of machining, and a basic understanding of special processes (i.e. heat treatment, plating, welding, etc.). Must have Customer Delegated Source Status.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment. Preference to have mechanical experience with semi-conductor products and/or aerospace products and assemblies.