Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Spa/Salon
at Atlantis Casino
- Employment Type
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Director of Spa/Salon. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
The incumbent, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
Atlantis luxuriously designed and beautifully appointed, Spa Atlantis is the only spa in northern Nevada to receive a highly-coveted Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star designation. With 30,000 square feet of lavish space, we offer exquisite treatments from around the world and a wide range of spa amenities including three co-ed lounges, 15 luxurious treatment rooms, an exceptionally-equipped Cardio Fitness Center, year-round indoor whirlpools and atrium pool, along with an outdoor pool and whirlpool.
Help our guests unwind, relax and escape in the tranquility of the Atlantis Spa. All Spa positions will be responsible for having exceptional guest service ability and commitment to providing the guest with an ultimate spa experience.
Spa Atlantis Awarded Prestigious Four-Star Award for 2020
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Hire, train, and evaluate staff - oversee day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Spa/Salon to include overall exceptional guest service, cleanliness, maintenance/resources and supplies.
- Ensure that all staff members are consistently executing the Forbes Four-Star standards to create an exceptional guest experience
- Partner with the Marketing Team to maximize opportunities (specials) to drive occupancy and revenue
- Create and execute budgets, forecasts and efficient scheduling
- Maintain proper inventory levels at all times. Research new product lines, services and treatments to improve offerings
- Create, train and execute retail sales goals with Team. Track all sales progress for monthly financial meetings to meet budget
- Continuous education on all products, treatments and industry trends.
- Monitor operations and ensure compliance with applicable health, safety and hygiene standards.
- Sets goals, deadlines and objectives for Team and individual accountability
- Coordinate facility schedules to maximize usage and efficiency
- Minimize turnover with effective in-house onboarding, training, coaching, and clear performance expectations
- Supervises and provides disciplinary measures for staff
- Maintain overall ambience of Spa and Salon’s visual standards and dress code
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Regular attendance is an essential function for this position
- Organizing and cleaning stock rooms, retail and reception areas
- Ensuring the Spa retail therapy area is completely stocked at all times
- Tagging and putting new products out on the shelves and back stock in stock room cages
- 5+ years of Spa & Salon Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or above + additional industry certifications and training desired.
- Exceptional computer skills and working knowledge of phone system, computer system and software programs
- Excellent communication skills and well versed in the English language
- Ideal candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Available to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.