Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
-Drive company revenue and profitability through regular interaction with customers in accordance with established sales goals. Responsible for increasing opportunities with new and existing customers using a consultative selling approach to deliver value to our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells based on company value proposition by identifying key growth opportunities product and services offerings.
- Actively and consistently call on assigned and new accounts in accordance with sales policies and procedures in order to regularly meet monthly/annual sales goals
- Develop strong relationships with customers by providing professional representation and assistance in all areas to improve customer’s profits. Engage with customers through frequent customer office/job site visits, ensuring their satisfaction with our products and services at all times
- Must consistently identify new sales opportunities, including potential new customers and pursue to generate new business/additional revenue consistent with assigned new business goals
- Monitor current sales trends and product performance results
- Utilize company reporting to analyze customer buying trends and develop plans to qualify and engage new customers.
- Presentation of products and capabilities during sales calls
- Prepare pricing details and quotations per customer requirements and follow up until sale is complete
- Communicate shipping dates (changes) to branch personnel/inside sales
- Work closely with Branch Managers and branch associates to promote sales at branch level, coordinate inventory utilization, delivery, and stay up to date with return processing
- Continually enhance sales skills and product knowledge in order to promote a professional image in the field
- Successfully complete all assigned training within given timeframe
- Customer Focus
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization to attain sales goal.
- Develops an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates and support associates
- Attend and participate in all scheduled events, including sales meetings, training classes and other business-related gatherings, both during and outside of working hours
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization and establishes relationships and working partnerships with all levels.
- Develop and maintain vendor relations
- Assist with credit and collections of accounts receivable
- Remains up-to-date on product improvements, industry, and technical knowledge.
- Completes sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
- Participates in company approved local trade shows. Attends monthly business meetings for all business sponsored associations.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards consistent with good judgement, company policy and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High School education or equivalent
- Minimum 5 - 7 - years’ Outside Sales experience in the industry preferred
- Travel 90% of time
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must be professional with a positive attitude with the ability to learn new product knowledge
- Must be self-motivated, including high attention to detail with ability to focus and proactively drive sales opportunities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Excel and Word; previous experience with an ERP system (i.e. Eclipse, Mincron) is an asset
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Must have excellent selling skills with the ability to sell product to a wide range of customers both in-person and by phone
- Must be able to work positively within a team environment
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to independently identify solutions
- Must present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer