Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Assessments Manager / Data Risk Management
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Provide Data Risk Management oversight on the first line of defense Data management program implementation and execution, and support the development of the second line of defense oversight program for steady state activities. This position will help ensure adequate operational risk management principles are applied, and the Firm's established Operational Risk Management framework is adhered to as new data risk management processes and controls are designed and implemented within our impacted business environments.
- Support strategic direction and management of the planning, development, and implementation of Data risk management oversight program and related projects/initiatives in support of the Business Operational Risk Assessment Program (Program)
- You will perform independent review and challenge to ensure that Business Lines and corporate functions have implemented and executed the Data management programs (i.e. KDE, Data quality monitoring and problem management, Integrated Controls Framework, Data sourcing, Reporting etc,) and related activities in accordance with the firm's policy,
- program requirements and regulatory expectations (i.e. BCBS 239)
- Perform ongoing review and challenge activities to ensure that data risks and related key controls are adequately assessed, data risk and control related gaps/issues are remediated, KRMs are monitored and issues are escalated promptly and tracked for timely resolution
- Develop accurate understanding of the Business Lines risk profile and trend based on review of significant information and understanding of the business, process, risk and the control environment and provide oversight and significant challenges
- Communicate issues/observations identified from review and challenge activities with the Business Lines and provide recommendations/request the Business Line's review and actions to remediate as necessary
- Ensure all work performed is documented in accordance with the program requirements (Procedures, Execution Guidelines and related) prior to due date, well-supported with underlying details and is ready for independent review upon request
- Perform analysis and identify root causes of where ORM program requirements (versatile of Data management) are not completed.
- Work with the Business Line (when applicable) to address those issues, measuring and tracking progress in remediation
- Facilitate workshops and training sessions related to data risk management as necessary to support consistent and quality assessment of the Program
- Work with (e.g. ORM programs, Third Party, New Products, Compliance, Fraud, Sales Practice, Information Risk Management and Business Continuity) in coordinating and executing on the above requirements
- Support the Program on Audit and or Regulatory exam preparation and review to address inquiries and submit the requested documentation/information adequately and timely
- Keep tabs on industry developments in data risk management, operational risk management and Banking industry in general to ensure the review and challenge program accounts for new practices
- Support initiatives on development/enhancement of the program and or ORM related
Interactions / Social Skills:
- Strong oral / written communication skills. Appropriate presenting the results of review and challenge to the Business Lines management and provide independent challenges when different view exists
- Good social skills to build and be a phenomenal partner with Business Lines as well as various second line of defense groups
- Strong work dedication and works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Business and Technical Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge in Data risk management (i.e. BCBS 239) and ORM Programs including (but not limited to): RCSA, Loss data, Scenario Analysis, KRM/KRI and Issue Management
- Broad view of the financial services industry
- Understanding of banking regulatory agency expectation/requirements on operational risk management
- Strong ability to analyze data and trends and prepare significant reports
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 8 -10 years' experience in data risk/operational risk management, internal audit, management consulting or related field, including 5 years work related to data risk management.
- Experience in risk assessment, and control testing techniques and documentation
- Strong knowledge of operational risk management, regulatory requirements (i.e. BCBS 239) and industry practices
- Demonstrated ability to run workloads and prioritize deliverables
- Strong written and verbal social skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.