National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Pool - Highlands Ranch Clinic
at National Jewish Health
We are looking for a Pool/PRN Registered Nurse (RN) for our National Jewish Health Highlands Ranch Clinic.
Accurately plans and provides professional nursing care for patients, families, and communities utilizing a systematic approach incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The Registered Nurse Pool is responsible and accountable for facilitation and management of care coordination across the healthcare continuum. Utilizes the nursing process to work with interdisciplinary teams to provide safe and personalized care. Demonstrates core competencies in the area of practice.
- Assessment: Collects pertinent data and information relative to the patient’s and family’s health or situation. Demonstrates proficient, skillful and rapid assessment in triage of patient problems and needs in the outpatient clinic, specialty care area, telephone health services setting, and/or ongoing care [Standard of Practice (SP) 1].
- Analyzes assessment data to determine actual or potential problems and issues. Prioritizing a focus on wellness, health promotion, chronic disease management, and disease prevention [SP 2].
- Identifies expected outcomes for an individualized plan for the patient/family, recognizing that the patient and family are in control regarding the choice and compliance with a care regimen [SP 3].
- Develops, intervenes, evaluates a plan of care in collaboration with patients, families, and other team members identifying actual and potential patient care needs. Updates the plan of care and documents in the approved format. Documents nursing activity and the patient’s response to nursing intervention. [SP 4].
- Ensures the plan of care reflects the cultural, spiritual, intellectual, age, educational, and psychosocial differences of individual patients, families, groups, and communities [SP 4].
- Implements identified plan. Establishes competencies and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients in accordance with National Jewish Health Policies and Procedures [SP 5].
- Conducts time-limited, episodic, individual nurse-patient encounters and interventions and frequently establishes long-term relationships with patients, families, and caregivers [SP 5].
- Manages telephone communications including: assessing patient needs over the phone; providing appropriate advice, directing patient to appropriate level of care: communicating status to physician: addressing prescription requests: documenting actions in approved format [SP 5].
- Coordination: facilitates access to appropriate medical and health care, nursing consultation /intervention, follow-up, and surveillance [SP 5a].
- Teaching: Provides patient education using methods and approaches recognizing the specific needs and concerns of the individual patient; supports the patient and caregiver (s) to become informed customers about the options, costs, risks, and benefits of health care services [SP 5b].
- Recommends evidenced based practice and research strategies to improve nursing quality.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Ethics: Practices ethically; Integrates the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements to guide practice; demonstrates compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and unique attributes of all people; advocates for healthcare consumer’s rights to informed decision-making and self-determination; maintains therapeutic relationships and professional boundaries; safeguards privacy and confidentiality of healthcare consumers, and their data and information [Standard of Professional Performance (SPP) 7].
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message [SPP 9].
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treat others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others [SPP 10].
- Leadership: Encourages innovation in practice and role performance to attain personal and professional plans, goals, and vision; manages change and conflict; retains accountability for delegated nursing care; contributes to the evolution of the profession through participation in professional organizations. [SPP 11].
- Professional Development: Actively identifies in new area with preceptor learning opportunities and unit specific competencies; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance contribution to the organization [SPP 12, 15].
- Evidence-based Practice and Research: Integrates evidence and research findings into practice; Articulates the values of research and its application relative to the healthcare setting; identifies questions in the healthcare setting and practice that can be answered by nursing research; uses current evidence-based knowledge, including research findings, to guide practice; incorporates evidence when initiating change in practice [SPP 13].
- Quality of Practice: Contributes to quality nursing practice: Ensures practice is safe, effective, efficient, equitable, timely, and patient centered; identifies barriers and opportunities to improve safety, effectiveness, efficiency, equitability, timeliness, and patient centeredness; recommends strategies to improve nursing quality [SPP 14].
Graduation from an Accredited School of Nursing required, BSN preferred.
A minimum of 2 years of recent and related Registered Nurse (RN) experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure:
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Current CPR/BLS certification required.