National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student - Research
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Contract/Temporary,On Call
Job Reference #: 11919
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits), Variable Shift, varies
Req # 11919
To observe and learn techniques within a laboratory setting.
- To observe procedures and techniques unique to specific jobs and tasks.
- Assist Laboratory Researchers with routine lab procedures such as data collection, sterilization of equipment and preparation of routine laboratory solutions.
- Stock and inventory laboratory supplies.
- Pick up and deliver materials and supplies.
- Maintains compliance with all institutional / safety training requirements.
- Answers phones and screens calls, refers calls or messages, arranges appointments, greets visitors, and performs associated clerical duties.
- Enters data or performs related computer data entry.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and good customer service skills.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment preferred.
Completion of Employment Application, initial and placement interviews, references, on-line safety training and attends portions of "New Hire Orientation".
Certifications and Licensure
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is in a laboratory. Frequent requirements may include: manual dexterity; normal color vision; long periods of standing and sitting, and frequent periods of bending, crouching or stooping; work with radioactive materials, toxic chemicals, biomedical wastes and research animals; potential exposure to infectious disease; work around electrical/explosive hazards; work with laboratory equipment/machinery; and lifting objects weighing 10 to 50 pounds; and extensive repetitive motion of the fingers, arm and wrist. Occasional requirements may include: sitting while completing paperwork, kneeling, and squatting. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
Inside environmental conditions may include: working in laboratories with odors, chemicals and animals; extreme temperatures; electrical; working around hazardous and radioactive substances; working under dirty and dusty conditions. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!