Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Aide Per Diem PRN
at Vibra Healthcare
Spartanburg Rehabilitation Institute is currently looking for experienced Dietary Aides(s) at our 40 bed inpatient hospital in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Join our team of passionate caregivers!
Our Passion - Patients are our priority. We are passionate about patient care and consider it a privilege to be able to provide services to patients and their family members throughout Spartanburg and the surrounding area.
We provide rehabilitative services to people recovering from disabilities caused by injuries or illnesses. We help patients regain their physical or cognitive abilities so they can return home at their highest level of independence.
Nationally Recognized: Our hospital has been ranked in the Top 10% nationally for rehabilitative care. This means that we provide the highest level of care available to patients right here in our own community.
The Dietary Aide performs a variety of duties necessary for the operation of the food service department. Prepares food items and assembles prepared foods for patient trays, tray line assembly, delivers trays, may serve in the cafeteria. Responsible for clean up in kitchen and dining room, including dish washing. Cashiering duties in cafeteria as needed. May accept delivery of dietary supplies including inspection of products to insure freshness and accuracy of delivery. Also assists in the rotation of food stores and monitors food expiration dates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Two (2) years of experience as a dietary aide in lieu of education will be considered.
- Food handling certification as required by State regulations.
- Six (6) months previous food service experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets is preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.