Odessa Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Radiology
at Odessa Regional Medical Center
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Position:
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Imaging Services Department. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from newborn to elderly. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Assures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating the budget. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all DNV, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols. Provides service to age range from neonate to geriatric.
- Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or Nuclear Medicine Technologists Certification Board.
- Certified by the State of Texas to practice and administer radiation.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Some background in Imaging Services administration; experience such as Supervisor or Assistant Director of an Imaging Services department.
- At least five (5) active years in a department with diagnostic and special procedures experience.
- Current membership and active participation in the Radiologic Technologist professional organization.